1. Safety should be a top priority when working on a roof especially when conditions are wet and slippery. When climbing on a roof put on shoes that are slip-resistant. Also have a safety rope with you. Some chemicals used in roof pressure washing can also be harmful to the eyes and the skin and so goggles as well as gloves should be worn.
2. Some cleaning agents like bleach might destroy not only the algae but also flowers and other plants around the house. So when bleach runs off to the ground pour some water on these surfaces to dilute its effects.
3. To reduce evaporation of the cleaner, roofs are best cleaned on a cloudy day.
4. One way to prevent algae from regrowing is installing strips of galvanized sheet metal or copper on both sides of the roof just under the ridge.
5. While the easiest way to clean debris from a roof is by hand, a blower can be more efficient and offers less chances of the person doing the pressure washing getting dirtied.
6. When cleaning debris from a roof with a soft brush it is important to apply as little amount of pressure as possible. If excessive pressure is applied the roof granules can come off thereby shortening the roof’s lifespan.
7. To remove algae, moss and lichens and mold from the roof the best way is by high pressure washing. Treating the roof using a fungicidal wash after the high pressure washing will help in preventing the algae, lichen and moss from growing again.
Benefits of Roof Cleaning In Orlando.
1. Improving the appearance of your home
When a roof has dirt, debris or dark stains caused by algae, moss or lichens, the appearance of the roof becomes ugly and unsightly. This makes the house unattractive to potential buyers and also reduces its resale value should you want to put it on the market.
2. Increasing the lifespan of the roof
When a roof has algae on it the lifespan of the roof is greatly reduced because the algae tends to shorten the durability of the roof. The dark stains also trap excessive heat which can further damage the shingles. The moisture and the heat trapped on a dirty roof can also cause decay of the roof shingles.
3. Reducing you power and energy bills
When roofs have dark stains on them, the roof tends to retain heat resulting in indoor conditions that are hotter than usual. This naturally results in increased power bills because of the attendant air conditioning demands.
4. Better health for the house occupants
A dirty roof creates a conducive environment for mold to thrive. Mold may in turn lead to allergic reactions and negative health implications on pets, the elderly and children. Please call if you are in need of assistance or would like our Orlando Pressure Washing Services for all of your pressure cleaning needs.
In roofing and roof cleaning some of the things you will require to get the job done include a ladder, safety rope, shoes that are slip resistant, a pump sprayer, rubber gloves, a garden hose equipped with a spray nozzle and a cleaner. To ensure a safe, effective and efficient process there are several tips you need to keep in mind.
As has become clear it is important to keep the roof of your house clean at all times so as not just to maintain its value but to increase the roof’s lifespan. Plus, a clean roof prevents your home insurance costs from shooting through the roof!